Coaching for Emotional Intelligence
The Secret to Developing the Star Potential in Your Employees
On Sale: 10/27/2006
In Coaching for Emotional Intelligence, Bob Wall offers coaching strategies that will enable every manager to elicit excellence by improving the negative behaviors and communications flaws that are undermining an employee's performance.
About the Book
In this book, Bob Wall offers coaching strategies that will enable every manager to elicit excellence by improving the negative behaviors and communications flaws that are undermining an employee's performance.
More than any other trait, emotional intelligence is the one variable that can transform a mediocre employee into an exceptional one. Managers now have a new and demanding role. They must become coaches who help their employees to develop emotional intelligence and the positive interpersonal relationships that result. And while this kind of corrective coaching may seem daunting and unpleasant to many managers, it is also achievable with the right tools.
Coaching for Emotional Intelligence provides a structured format for formulating and delivering both praise and corrective feedback, as well as a step-by-step method and sample scripts for conducting a coaching session. You will:
- Overcome the fear of coaching on sensitive, personal issues.
- Learn the critical importance of praise--and how to give it.
- Understand the influences that shaped the behaviors of the individual being coached.
- Determine whether an employee is responding to corrective coaching, when to keep them or when to fire them.
- Create an action plan for teaching employees to identify and alter unwanted behavior.
- Master spontaneous coaching: delivering praise in 15-20 seconds -- and corrective feedback within 45 seconds.
- Formulate structured conversations when corrective coaching isn’t working.
- Create successful, detailed, and clear personal, team, and work evaluations and mission statements.
The first book of its kind, Coaching for Emotional Intelligence is a thoughtful, realistic, and accessible guide that will change the way managers lead in the workplace -- and will ensure that their employees are reaching their full potential.
- ISBN: 9780814433782
- ISBN 10: 0814433782
- On Sale: 10/27/2006
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $18.95
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 12.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Mentoring & Coaching
- Category 2 : PSYCHOLOGY / Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture