The Manager's Guide to HR
Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know
On Sale: August 15, 2013
Much has changed in HR in recent years. This new edition of the must-have manual covers it all.
About the Book
Managing people is a tricky business—and managers and small business owners need a clear understanding of the essentials of human resources to survive.
The original edition of The Manager’s Guide to HR gives you an introduction to the regulations, rights, and responsibilities related to hiring and firing, benefits, compensation, documentation, performance evaluations, training, and more. However, much has changed since then.
Extensively revised, this second edition covers all the key areas of the original edition and brings you up to speed on current developments in employment law, including:
- How social media is changing the recruitment landscape
- Shifting labor standards regarding compensation and benefits
- The National Labor Relations Board’s stance on work-related employee speech on social media
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- New record-keeping requirements
- Amendments to the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act
Featuring step-by-step guidance on everything from COBRA compliance to privacy issues, The Manager’s Guide to HR is now once again the most up-to-date, invaluable resource any manager of personnel could have.
- ISBN: 9780814433027
- ISBN 10: 0814433022
- On Sale: August 15, 2013
- Pages: 320
- List Price: $24.95
- Trim Size: 165.000mm x 235.000mm x 28.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Law
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Reference
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success