A Comprehensive System for Effective Workforce Planning
On Sale: 05/14/2008
The updated edition of this invaluable guide- co-published with the Society for Human Resource Management.
About the Book
This book shows how to identify staffing needs and opportunities through qualitative and quantitative measures, and presents several effective, nontraditional approaches to strategic staffing.
Many organizations understand the benefits of a longer-term approach to staffing: reduced turnover and hiring costs, improved efficiency and morale, and ultimately greater profits. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to strategic staffing are often more effective on paper than in the workplace.
HR expert Thomas Bechet includes factors as diverse as promotions, retirements, "decruiting" (the active management of staff out of an organization), termination, and even retention. Featuring full case studies and dozens of examples, Strategic Staffing: Second Edition is both enlightening and practical. To help you create your own staffing plans, the companion site has several invaluable tools, including:
- PowerPoint(TM) slide presentations
- Customizable Excel(TM) spreadsheets
- Assessment and evaluation forms
- Calculations and analyses
- Sample staffing plans
Integrating a strategic approach to staffing can result in reduced turnover and hiring costs, improved efficiency and morale, and ultimately greater profits. Strategic Staffing: Second Edition is a detailed, process-oriented guide that offers all the tools staffing professionals need.
- ISBN: 9780814433010
- ISBN 10: 0814433014
- On Sale: 05/14/2008
- Pages: 352
- List Price: $35.00
- Trim Size: 178.000mm x 254.000mm x 12.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Strategic Planning
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Organizational Development