Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People
Over 325 Ready-to-Use Words and Phrases for Working with Challenging Personalities
On Sale: October 15, 2013
Difficult personalities at work are unavoidable. But the problems that can result from them are not.
About the Book
How to Manage Work Relationships in a Constructive Way that Leads to Success.
Learning how to maintain strong, harmonious work relationships is essential. Unfortunately, at some point in your career, you'll have to work with people whose personalities or habits make every interaction with them a trial.
Communications expert Renee Evenson has written the definitive phrasebook on how to confront the situations that can arise when dealing with difficult personalities and bring about a positive outcome. Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People is packed with practical and easy-to-use tactics such as:
- 325 powerful phrases to communicate effectively, as well as powerful actions to take in support of those phrases.
- 30 common personality traits, behaviors, and workplace scenarios along with the phrases that work best with each.
- Nonverbal communication actions to back up your words.
- Sample dialogues that demonstrate how phrasing improves interactions.
- A five-step process for moving from conflict to resolution.
- "Why This Works" sections that provide detailed explanations.
Often, an employee who can interact well with others and feels comfortable handling conflict will be promoted over an employee who possesses greater job or technical knowledge. From egotistical bosses to meeting monopolizers, you'll learn how to develop the skills to handle any type of conflict with anyone.
- ISBN: 9780814432990
- ISBN 10: 0814432999
- On Sale: October 15, 2013
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $13.99
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Conflict Resolution & Mediation
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture