The Lean Machine
How Harley-Davidson Drove Top-Line Growth and Profitability with Revolutionary Lean Product Development
On Sale: 01/13/2010
The most iconic brands stay on top because they know how to evolve to appeal to their market. Discover the Knowledge-Based Product Development system that has fueled the sustained growth of American motorcycle company Harley-Davidson--and how you can achieve the same long-lasting success.
About the Book
In this insider guide, former Harley-Davidson executive Dantar Oosterwal offers an exclusive look at how Harley-Davidson was able to adapt in an ever-changing world to stay on top and stay in existence.
From near-extinction in the early eighties, Harley-Davidson rose to worldwide recognition and is still today one of the great, iconic American motorcycle brands. In this insider guide, former Harley-Davidson executive Dantar Oosterwal offers an exclusive look at how Harley-Davidson was able to adapt in an ever-changing world to stay on top and stay in existence
In The Lean Machine, you will learn about their secret weapon and go-to formula for outstanding success as well as:
- the day-to-day transformation at Harley-Davidson
- their adapted Knowledge-Based Product Development
- identifies universal change and improvement issues so that any company can incorporate this
Rooted in Japanese productivity improvement techniques, the Knowledge-Based Product Development method helped Harley realize an unprecedented fourfold increase in throughput in half the time--powering annual growth of more than ten percent.
The Lean Machine is part business journal, part analysis, and part step-by-step toolkit that will help companies in all industries achieve predictably excellent results.
- ISBN: 9780814432884
- ISBN 10: 0814432883
- On Sale: 01/13/2010
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $22.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 15.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Development / Business Development
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Structural Adjustment
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Strategic Planning
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Total Quality Management
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Conflict Resolution & Mediation