From Boomers to Linksters--Managing the Friction Between Generations at Work
On Sale: 05/01/2010
How can managers, executives, and employees from five different generations possibly work well together? Learn how your company can bridge the generational gap to get everyone operating as a cohesive unit.
About the Book
Now that five different generations are on the job simultaneously--from Traditionals to Generation Y to Millennials--it's important for companies to understand how their people can not only coexist and cooperate, but thrive together as a team.
Written by Meagan and Larry Johnson, a father-daughter team of two generational experts, Generations, Inc. offers the perspectives of people of different eras to elicit practical insights on wrestling with generational issues in the workplace.
This book provides Baby Boomers and Linksters alike with practical techniques for:
- addressing conflicts,
- forging alliances with coworkers from other generations,
- getting people with different values and idiosyncratic styles to work together,
- and running productive meetings where all participants find value in each other’s ideas.
- The generation we were born in influences our expectations, actions, and mind-sets.
Generations, Inc. includes realistic strategies for relating to your team members’ different views of loyalty, work ethic, and the definition of a job well done--and tips to make those perspectives work together to strengthen your workforce and grow your business.
- ISBN: 9780814415733
- ISBN 10: 0814415733
- On Sale: 05/01/2010
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $18.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 12.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Organizational Behavior
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Conflict Resolution & Mediation