The First-Time Trainer
A Step-by-Step Quick Guide for Managers, Supervisors, and New Training Professionals
On Sale: 03/17/2010
For managers, supervisors, and other professionals who suddenly find themselves being asked to play the role of an expert training facilitator, this information-packed guide will give you the tools and skills needed to transform your team.
About the Book
Training is still the top strategy to help employees perform at their best. Discover how to be an efficient and poised trainer for your organization with this thoroughly revised, user-friendly book.
Successful organizations depend on expert training to keep them viable, but leaders aren’t always equipped to step into the role of trainer when asked. As a professional trainer and consultant who formerly served as president of the San Diego Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development, author Tom Goad offers a concise, step-by-step guide to quickly help you become a confident, effective trainer.
You’ll learn to tackle challenges of diversity, a multigenerational workforce, and the many options made possible by technology and e-learning through the most up-to-the minute training techniques. The First-Time Trainer does this by teaching you how to:
- select media and delivery methods,
- prepare and give effective presentations,
- communicate with learners and get them involved,
- ask the right kind of questions,
- cope with behavior problems,
- give and receive feedback,
- put objectives to the test, and much more.
Filled with real-world examples and dozens of field-tested tools, The First-Time Trainer gets first-time facilitators training like pros in no time.
- ISBN: 9780814415597
- ISBN 10: 0814415598
- On Sale: 03/17/2010
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $18.95
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 12.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Training
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Skills
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Mentoring & Coaching