101 Project Management Problems and How to Solve Them
Practical Advice for Handling Real-World Project Challenges
On Sale: 12/01/2010
When projects become derailed, what tools do you have to get them back on track? This comprehensive guide equips project managers with straightforward solutions to the problems you can plan for--and on-the-fly strategies for dealing with the ones you can’t.
About the Book
In this helpful how-to, author Tom Kendrick reveals field-proven principles for navigating high-pressure situations, so you can overcome any obstacle.
Even with a terrific project management program in place, problems can arise to derail your team’s hard work. This book explores a wide range of challenging scenarios and practical solutions and is packed with insightful answers to over 100 of your most urgent project management questions.
In 101 Project Management Problems and How to Solve Them, you’ll learn how to:
- keep a project on track despite unavoidable interruptions;
- how to prevent unreliable outside collaborators from jeopardizing the entire project;
- how to manage project teams who have little or no project management experience;
- how to make up for lost time without cutting corners;
- and how to succeed--even in the face of threatened budget cuts.
The last thing you need in the heat of battle is to dive into project management theories. While there’s no one right answer to the challenges you face as a project manager, 101 Project Management Problems and How to Solve Them has a plethora of actionable guidelines that help you troubleshoot quickly so you can get back to doing what you do best.
- ISBN: 9780814415573
- ISBN 10: 0814415571
- On Sale: 12/01/2010
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $19.95
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 17.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Project Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Production & Operations Management
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Conflict Resolution & Mediation