The Diversity Training Activity Book
50 Activities for Promoting Communication and Understanding at Work
On Sale: 08/26/2009
Amidst communication challenges presented by an increasingly diverse workforce, this timely guide shows all employs how to resolve conflicts--and avoid missteps in the first place--to work better together.
About the Book
With our workforce becoming increasingly diverse, encouraging cultural and gender sensitivity and understanding in the workplace is key for businesses and leaders’ success.
Tested with hundreds of participants to ensure the appropriateness and effectiveness for a variety of diversity training needs, the simple activities in this must-read guide show employees at all levels how to cope with differences and master new skills for communicating more effectively.
Filled with activities, role-playing exercises, sample icebreakers, and case studies, The Diversity Training Activity Book teaches you how to:
- address work-related frustrations with coworkers of different backgrounds;
- manage a culturally diverse team;
- deal with issues of gender in the workplace;
- understand differences in dress, appearance, and social customs--and how to be respectful of them,
- See how cultural barriers present new challenges to overcoming workplace disagreements.
Get started now with these simple and powerful actions that will help all employees build a more collaborative, harmonious, and open workplace culture.
- ISBN: 9780814415368
- ISBN 10: 0814415369
- On Sale: 08/26/2009
- Pages: 336
- List Price: $39.99
- Trim Size: 216.000mm x 279.000mm x 22.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 2 : SOCIAL SCIENCE / Discrimination & Race Relations
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / General
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Organizational Behavior
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Conflict Resolution & Mediation