An Insider's Guide to Building a Successful Consulting Practice
On Sale: 03/10/2010
Whether you’re just beginning a career in consulting or you’re a veteran of the industry, this invaluable resource provides practical, real-world advice based on 200 independent consultants’ survey results to help you build and maintain a thriving business.
About the Book
Do you relish your independence and autonomy? Are you looking for a job that makes use of your energy and expertise? This invaluable resource is the guide you need top get started.
Industrial psychologist, consultant, speaker, and author Bruce Katcher combines his years of experience and insights with real stories from a range of other independent consultants to guide you on your journey of growing a consulting practice--whether they’re beginners just starting up or veterans looking for new ways to invigorate their businesses.
In An Insider’s Guide to Building a Successful Consulting Practice, you’ll learn simple yet powerful strategies for success, including how to:
- identify a market and narrow your focus;
- make a smooth transition from employee to independent consultant;
- sell effectively even if you've never sold before;
- establish visibility through speaking, writing, and networking;
- set prices based on value;
- develop a marketing strategy;
- and divide your time between marketing and delivering your services.
With applicable data and tangible advice gleaned from the survey results of professionals in a diverse range of industries, you’ll not only learn how to keep plenty of work in your pipeline--you’ll be able to adapt your consulting practice to thrive in any market.
- ISBN: 9780814414361
- ISBN 10: 0814414362
- On Sale: 03/10/2010
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 19.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Consulting
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / General
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Reference
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Sales & Selling / General
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Sales & Selling / Management