Golf and the Game of Leadership
An 18-Hole Guide for Success in Business and in Life
On Sale: 05/20/2007
Golf and the Game of Leadership shows how qualities like focus, consistency, confidence, and ''playing by the rules'' all apply to the way you perform in the professional realm.
About the Book
Golf and the Game of Leadership shows how qualities like focus, consistency, confidence, and "playing by the rules" all apply to the way you perform in the professional realm.
Assuming you’re not Tiger Woods or Annika Sorenstam, chances are your golf-playing (or watching) time is interrupted on a regular basis by the demands of your work. But the approach you use on the links translates surprisingly well to the office and the boardroom. Don McHugh, whose management experience is matched only by his passion for golf, leads you through 18 "holes," including:
- #1. You’ve Gotta Love the Game: be passionate about your leadership role
- #5. Visioning: from dreaming to achieving, lay out a future for yourself in the game of leadership
- #6. Posture, Grip, Alignment (PGA): the backbone of a solid game, excellence in fundamental skills is the key to sustaining success
- #11. Feedback: a golfer can tell a slice from a clean shot. Honest, timely feedback is the equivalent in business
- #13. Responsibility: play your own ball and require that others do the same
- #18. It’s Up to You: leadership is an individual game. Don’t just talk a good game -- play a good game
At the "19th hole," you’ll complete your "basic round chart" based on the key concept from each of the 18 holes, and score yourself for each. Whether you’re new to the game of leadership or already a "top hitter," Golf and the Game of Leadership will help you hit straight and true -- every round.
- ISBN: 9780814400999
- ISBN 10: 081440099X
- On Sale: 05/20/2007
- Pages: 260
- List Price: $18.95
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 216.000mm x 15.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Skills