The Leader's Greatest Return
Attracting, Developing, and Multiplying Leaders
On Sale: 01/28/2020
In The Leader’s Greatest Return, Maxwell shares the most important lessons he’s learned about the leadership development process over the last quarter century, from identifying high-potential leaders to coaching leaders to develop others.
About the Book
Dive into a masterclass with world-renowned leadership expert and bestselling author John C. Maxwell as he shares the most important lessons he’s learned about the leadership development process over the last quarter century.
What is the greatest return on a leader’s time? After leaders have invested in their own leadership growth, what is the best way to accomplish their vision and grow their organizations? Develop other leaders! The more leaders an organization has and the better equipped they are to lead, the more successful the organization and all of its leaders.
In the last twenty-five years, New York Times bestselling author John C. Maxwell has grown from equipping a handful of leaders in one organization to developing millions of business, government, and nonprofit leaders in every country around the world. In The Leader’s Greatest Return, Maxwell takes the reader step-by-step through the process of identifying, attracting, empowering, and positioning leaders to create a culture capable of then reproducing and compounding the value of its leaders. After reading this book, you will be instructed on:
- The Leadership Table - Create a place where people not yet leading at your level can come, be welcomed and try on leadership.
- The 7 Motivators - Review the seven motivators and discover what motivates each person and then lead him or her accordingly.
- Team Success - Use the 10-80-10 method to set people up for success and empower them to perform at a high level.
- Who to Grow as a Leader - Love and value everyone but use the Pareto principle to choose who to grow as a leader.
This is where leaders really experience the compounding value of developing leaders and go to the highest levels of leadership themselves. The Leader’s Greatest Return is perfect for anyone who wants to take the next step in their leadership, build their organization or team today, and create their legacy for tomorrow needs to read.
'Highly recommended! In my experience, the ability to identify and develop leaders is a critical trait to any high-performing business. John Maxwell skillfully lays the groundwork on how to create a virtuous cycle where leaders are developed and then encouraged to foster new leaders.' Joel Peterson, Chairman of JetBlue Airways
'John Maxwell hits the nail on the head in The Leader's Greatest Return. Much of our long-term success at Paychex has stemmed from our ability to attract, hire, and develop great leaders. I highly recommend this book for leaders seeking to develop this essential characteristic in their own organization.' Thomas Golisano, founder and Chairman of the Board, Paychex, Inc.
'Rachel and I are living examples of John's belief in the compounding value of developing leaders. By sitting at John's leadership development table, we've been able to expand our own organization by developing the leaders who will carry The Hollis Co. forward.' Dave Hollis, CEO, The Hollis Co. and author of Get Out of Your Own Way
- ISBN: 9780718098537
- ISBN 10: 0718098536
- Imprint: HarperCollins Leadership
- On Sale: 01/28/2020
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $27.99
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publication Date: 01/28/2020
- Trim Size: 157.000mm x 236.000mm x 23.000mm
- Weight: 403.000gr
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Organizational Development
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Mentoring & Coaching